Reopening of sports clubs puts the right insurance product in the spotlight
As lockdown is gradually being eased throughout Britain, sports clubs and leisure facilities are reopening to members. With sports clubs opening their doors to the public once more, it’s imperative facilities have the right insurance product in place to protect members and staff.
A specialist insurance product with bespoke wording ensures sports venues are suitably covered.
Instead of relying on a commercial combined product for sports centres, you may want to consider Nelson Policies at Lloyd’s Sports & Leisure cover.
Our Sports, Social, Health & Leisure product provides sports and leisure clubs with a specialist sports and social club insurance policy. We offer a tailored commercial combined package or liabilities only.
The Nelson Sports, Social, Health & Leisure product is available on a commercial combined, property or liability only basis.
Our Sports, Social, Health & Leisure product covers the following facilities:
- Golf Clubs
- Sports and Social Clubs
- General Leisure
- Caravan and Holiday Park Operators
Automatic Policy Extensions include:
- Members clothing & personal effects up to £1,500 per person, £10,000 any one claim
- Contract works up to £100,000
- Deterioration of stock up to £2,500
- Cricket squares up to £2,500 any one claim
- Damage to playing surfaces up to £20,000 any one claim
- Garden furniture in the open £1,000 per item, £2,500 any one claim
- Theft & storm extensions up to £1,000 any one item , £2,500 any one loss for goal posts, netting, pitch covers, sight screens and portable score boards kept in the open
- Non-negligent third party property damage up to £1,000 per loss, £5,000 in the aggregate
- Member to member liability (excluding contact & collision sports)
- Participant to participant liability (excluding contact & collision sports)
- Seasonal stock increase up to 50%
- Wider perils during season closure
For more information on Nelson Policies at Lloyd’s Sports & Leisure to ensure sports and leisure facilities are equipped with the right insurance as the UK tentatively lifts lockdown restrictions, get in touch with our sports and leisure division team today.Back to Blog
2022 Sporting Calendar
With the Lionesses’ victory in the Women’s Euro 2022 final, the world’s eyes are firmly fixed on sports in the UK and the incredible talent emerging from our nation.
In the spotlight: A Q&A with Raff Lyons
What’s your role at Nelson Policies at Lloyd’s?
I’m the Assistant Development Underwriter and it’s my role to create and maintain new and existing relationships with our brokers, as well as underwriting Commercial business
Women’s Euros 2022
It has been a fun festival of football so far this summer with a thoroughly entertaining Women’s Euros taking centre stage. Aided by some fine English weather and raucous support for England and their rivals, the football has produced goals galore, as well as record crowds and viewing figures.