Reopening of sports clubs puts the right insurance product in the spotlight
As lockdown is gradually being eased throughout Britain, sports clubs and leisure facilities are reopening to members. With sports clubs opening their doors to the public once more, it’s imperative facilities have the right insurance product in place to protect members and staff.
A specialist insurance product with bespoke wording ensures sports venues are suitably covered.
Instead of relying on a commercial combined product for sports centres, you may want to consider Nelson Policies at Lloyd’s Sports & Leisure cover.
Our Sports, Social, Health & Leisure product provides sports and leisure clubs with a specialist sports and social club insurance policy. We offer a tailored commercial combined package or liabilities only.
The Nelson Sports, Social, Health & Leisure product is available on a commercial combined, property or liability only basis.
Our Sports, Social, Health & Leisure product covers the following facilities:
- Golf Clubs
- Sports and Social Clubs
- General Leisure
- Caravan and Holiday Park Operators
Automatic Policy Extensions include:
- Members clothing & personal effects up to £1,500 per person, £10,000 any one claim
- Contract works up to £100,000
- Deterioration of stock up to £2,500
- Cricket squares up to £2,500 any one claim
- Damage to playing surfaces up to £20,000 any one claim
- Garden furniture in the open £1,000 per item, £2,500 any one claim
- Theft & storm extensions up to £1,000 any one item , £2,500 any one loss for goal posts, netting, pitch covers, sight screens and portable score boards kept in the open
- Non-negligent third party property damage up to £1,000 per loss, £5,000 in the aggregate
- Member to member liability (excluding contact & collision sports)
- Participant to participant liability (excluding contact & collision sports)
- Seasonal stock increase up to 50%
- Wider perils during season closure
For more information on Nelson Policies at Lloyd’s Sports & Leisure to ensure sports and leisure facilities are equipped with the right insurance as the UK tentatively lifts lockdown restrictions, get in touch with our sports and leisure division team today.Back to Blog
Q&A with … Kelly Staggs our longest serving team member, renewals underwriter.
As I oversee all the commercial renewals, I like the fact I am continuously kept busy. Every day, I am reviewing a different type of risk and seeing how other people would underwrite it. I also like having the ability to re-review a risk and provide the best options for both the Insured and broker.
2021/22 Premier League season is underway
Following an exhilarating summer of sport, which began with the Euros 2020 and ended with the Tokyo Olympics, the new Premier League season is underway, with fans everywhere enthusiastic about their team’s prospects for the games ahead.
Water leak claims increase by over 30% in Q1 2021
The number of claims made for water leaks in the home were up by more than 30% in the first quarter of 2021 compared to the same period the year before.